Friday, January 21, 2011

Zoya: Zara, Roxy and Crystal

OMGFREEZOYAZOYAZOYAZOYAZOYA.....*breathes* Okay. Lets try that again...

At the beginning of this month, Zoya gave out 3 free bottles of nail polish to everyone who had their 20k likes on facebook code. The promotion lasted for 4 days, and instead of the intended (I assume) 20k orders, they received over 300k orders (that's 900k+ bottles of free nail polish!). Wow. 

Being a huge fan of Zoya's polishes, and their Remove+ (which is amazing, and I will do a review on it soon!), of course I had to grab my 3... so here they are!

Crystal
Crystal is an icy blue metallic foil with gold flakes. I've been eying this beauty for a while now, and when I applied the first coat, I had a fan-girl moment! Not only is it beautiful, but it's also an exact dupe for the rare and elusive OPI Reflecting Pool, which was released in the Reflection Glitters collection exclusively in Japan. The huge amount of sparkle from this one made it very difficult to photograph, and even in this photo, the color still isn't spot on, but after taking 120+ shots, I gave up. Make sure to view this one in full size :)

Close up of the gold flakeys!

Roxy
Roxy is a sheer dark reddish purple with tons of hexagonal glitter. The first coat reminded me of China Glaze's Mrs Claus, where the glitter seems to sit on top of the base color instead of mixing in, which made me think "Oh god... this is why I didnt get Mrs Claus!" But after the second coat, that little issue was old news, and the glitter blended in beautifully. Personally, I love this shade of purple, pair it with glitter, and it's like happiness in a bottle for me!

Close up of the glitter.

And last, but certainly not least...
Zara
Lets take a moment to be mesmerized by this particular Zoya... ...k. Say it with me.... oooooo, aaaaah :)
Zara is a lavender frost with fine gold shimmer. By far one of the most beautiful shades I own, and have come across. Definitely going into my favorites. Not only is it a joy to look at, but it applied like a dream, very few polishes apply this smooth and even. Love it in every way.

Keep an eye out for more Zoya posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment