Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Zoya Sunshine Collection

The flashiest of the 3 summer 2011 collections from Zoya has to be the Sunshine collection. 6 glass fleck/metallic shades that are gorgeous and perfect for when you want that extra sparkle in your day :)

Check out the Mod Matte Collection swatches and review here,
and the Summertime Collection swatches and review here.

Tanzy
Tanzy is a tangerine orange with tons of gold shimmer. I originally didn't want to get this one, because I thought it would be too close to Sienna, but they're not even close! So glad I got her, because she is a beauty! Very sparkly and the perfect shade of orange to be paired with all that glass fleck shimmer :) 3 coats.


Rica
Rica is a pretty coral with lots of gold shimmer. One of the sparkliest in this collection. I love it; bright, cheery and not too pink! 3 coats.



Kimmy
Kimmy is an orange toned red with gold shimmer. This is one of two (the other being Reva) colors that only took 2 coats to be opaque. Kimmy has lots of gold glass fleck, but it blends in more than the others, which makes it look smoother. Absolutely stunning, and reminds me of OPI's Dear Santa (which is one of my favorites!)


Apple
Apple is a yellow toned green packed with tons of gold shimmer. The moment I saw the promo shot for this one, I knew I had to have it! Greens are one of my favorite shades of polish, and this one is gorgeous! I wanted to compare it to Ivanka, and it's a much lighter base green with a lot more shimmer, which is also finer than Ivanka's, either way, I love them both! Apple is my second favorite from this collection. This is 3 thin coats.

Index and ring: Zoya Apple
Middle and pinky: Zoya Ivanka


Faye
Faye is a plum purple with tons of gold shimmer. Oh. my. goodness! It's so sparkly (my swatch does not do it justice!!) This is by far the most unique in the collection, and my FAVORITE!! I did 2 coats, but I honestly think it needs a third.


Reva
Reva is a raspberry red with gold shimmer. Very pretty, and the shimmer blends in nicely into the base color, so it's smooth and sparkly at the same time. Like Kimmy, it only needed 2 coats to be opaque.

Overall, I love this entire collection! Bright, sparkly goodness, and absolutely perfect for summer (then again, I wear flashy colors year round!) The application was nice, even if most of the colors took 3 coats to hide the nail line. Even if you aren't big on sparkly polishes, I would recommend checking these out (at least for your toes!).

8 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I have to say that you are BEAUTIFUL and I love your hair =)

    And I'm wearing Rica right now- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are great! Will do the Zoya Exchange to complete my Zoya Sunshine collection... *needs all* I have Kimmy and Faye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous! I have Apple, Rica and Faye. Thanks for that Apple/Ivanka comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Rica and Reva, I should have grabbed Faye too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple and Faye are my favorites! They're all pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the entire collection is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanzy looks great!!


    Sorry I have problms posting with my google acount...so I use this name/URL option....

    ReplyDelete